top of page

Remember you must file your 2021 tax return to claim the balance of your Advance Child Tax Credit Payments 

NFTC can help you do just that! 

The IRS is sending out form 6419 to help you claim the balance of your CTC payment. You will need to bring this form to your appointment.

Father and Children

Haven't filed yet?

You should file your tax return as soon as possible. Taxpayers not required to file a tax return or who didn't file in 2019 or 2020, are advised to quickly register using the IRS Non-filer Sign-up Tool. You may qualify to receive the Child Tax Credit and/or Economic Impact Payments.

Mom and Son

Why is this important?

  • Eligible families can receive advance payments of up to $300 per month for each child under age 6 and up to $250 per month for each child age 6 and above.

  • Payments began July 15, 2021, and were sent monthly through December 15, 2021.

  • You may qualify to receive this credit even if you don't have any income or don't owe any income taxes.

  • The tax credit includes advance payments for 2021 only.

Mom and Son
Happy Family

The American Rescue Plan advance Child Tax Credit provisions include:

  • The maximum Child Tax Credit increased to $3,600 per child under the age of 6 and to $3000 per child between the ages of 6 and 17

  • The credit includes children who turned 17 in 2021

  • Taxpayers with ITIN qualify if the child(ren) has a social security card - even when the parents don't

bottom of page